Click HERE for the most up to date class schedule.
Current and former students click HERE for exercises.
My name is James Gummer and I teach Tai Chi Chuan, Qigong, Meditation, and facilitate Remo’s Health Rhythms drum circles. I’ve been teaching professionally since 2002 and I’m most interested in helping people integrate timeless health practices with modern life. I offer private lessons, classes, and seminars. I work primarily in the Baltimore/Washington area and I’m always willing to travel.
You can contact me directly:
Email: jamesgummer [a] jamesgummer.com
Class: Tai Chi, Qigong, and Meditation
Dates: paused for COVID-19
Times: Fridays 12pm-1pm
Location: LifeBridge Health and Fitness
1836 Greene Tree Road, Pikesville, MD 21208
Call: 410-415-5475 to join
Find more classes, special events, and workshops HERE.
What is Tai Chi Chuan?
Tai Chi Chuan, (T’ai Chi Ch’üan or Taijiquan) literally means supreme ultimate fist. Commonly known as Tai Chi, T’ai Chi, or Taiji, it is an internal Chinese Martial Art practiced more commonly in modern times for its health benefits. To learn more, click HERE.
What is Qigong?
Qigong (Chi Gong, Chi Kung) or “Energy-Cultivation” is an aspect of Chinese medicine involving the coordination of different breathing patterns with various physical postures and motions of the body. It is a system used to promote health and well being, longevity, and tranquility of mind and spirit. To learn more, click HERE.
My past and current clients include:
- Baltimore County Department of Aging
- Stella Maris Inc.
- Cockeysville Senior Center
- Pikesville Senior Center
- Integrative Health Centers
- Towson University
- Avalon Studio For Movement
- The Villages at Woodholme
- LifeBridge Health and Fitness
- Experimental Movement Concepts
- Local Government Insurance Trust
- Hopewell Cancer Support
- American Red Cross
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Sinai Hospital
- Northwest Hospital Center
- Yalich Clinic
Quick Facts About Me:
- Professional Drummer and Percussion Educator
- Direct Student and Disciple of Grandmaster Huang, Chien-Liang with whom I study Tai Chi Chuan, Qigong, and Meditation
- Studied Health Rhythms Drum Circle Facilitation with The Remo Drum Company under Dr Barry Bittman and Christine Stevens
- Experienced in Tao, Vipassana, and Mindfulness Meditation
- Certified Instructor of Tai Chi Chuan
- Certified Instructor of Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention